Our menu, which is healthy and nutritionally balanced, is decided and occasionally changed by the School Council. We will of course cater for vegetarians, have a Halal option and for medical dietary needs or allergies. We are also very happy to work with you and your child to make sure that they are able to eat the food on offer. We know that some children can be fussy, but we are committed to working with you to help your child enjoy a wider range of foods.
We have introduced ‘Pasta King’ to pupils in Year 4, 5 and 6, where Monday to Thursday pupils have the option of having pasta for lunch, with a choice of different sauces.
Full time Nursery parent are expected to pay for their children’s meals. The cost is £1.95 per day and this should be paid online via Pay360.
For part time morning Nursery places, you can choose if your child eats in school before they are collected. Afternoon Nursery children should eat before they start school.
Unless you are entitled to Free School Meals, parents must pay for their children’s meals online via Pay360.
KS1 Free School Meals
Through the government initiative, every pupil in Reception, Year 1 and 2 will be eligible for free school meals.
- Parent's NI or NASS number (9 digits)
- Parent's full name
- Parent's date of birth
Your child may be eligible for free school meals if you are in receipt of any of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
In addition, the following pupils will be protected against losing their free school meals as follows:
- Pupils who were eligible on 1 April 2018, or who became eligible since then, continue to receive free meals, even if their household is no longer eligible under the benefits/low-earnings criteria, up until March 2025 and then until the end of their phase of education
- New applicants for free school meals on or after 1 April 2018, who are in receipt of Universal Credit and have earnings above the earned income threshold, will not be eligible for free school meals
The Universal Credit rollout is currently expected to complete in March 2025.
We ask that ALL PARENTS check their child's eligiblity for FSM. This is important so that we can continue to register pupils who attract pupil premium, which is worth £1,300 a year per pupil for our school. If you have any questions, please contact the main office.
Please speak to the school office, or contact LBHF directly. Your application will be treated confidentially.
All pupils at Flora Gardens have the dinner provided by our on site catering team. Packed lunches are not permitted at the current time.
Paying for School Meals
At Flora Gardens school meals are paid through our secure cashless payments systems called Pay 360. Visit the 'Payments to School' page of our website for more information.