Our Governing Body
The Governing Body plays an important role in running your school. We would like to take this opportunity to introduce ourselves and tell you a little bit about what we do at Flora Gardens.
Of course, the Head is in charge of the day to day running of the school, but the Governing Body acts independently and strategically to make sure that your children are getting the education that they deserve.
We do this by working with the Senior Leadership Team and by challenging the school and staff to reach the best possible standards for your children and by overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure it’s money is well spent.
If you’d like to know more about the work that we do, please do feel free to ask. Governors visit the school on a regular basis, so one of us would be happy to meet with you and explain more.
You can read all about the Governors below. Perhaps you’d like to become one, and share the privilege of being involved in making our school better and getting our pupils the best possible education that we can.
Membership of the Governing Body includes parents, teaching staff and representatives from the local community and the Local Authority. The Governing Body meets at least once each term; additionally, there are sub-committees which meet at least once each term
FLORA GARDENS GOVERNING BODY - VISION STATEMENT
The Flora Gardens Governing Body is committed to full involvement and collaboration with the school Senior Leadership Team. We will be strategic, consistent and evidence-led in our approach. We are committed to upholding the school’s cultural values, which are rooted in respect and empathy for the whole community and foster curiosity, creativity and innovation across children’s learning. We are aspirational, we challenge, but we also emphasise safety. We commit to ambitious leadership, to being true ambassadors for the school, to kindness, and to focusing on excellence and well-being for everyone in our school community.
How do we do this?
- We always work in an evidence-led way
- We consistently support the SLT to uphold the cultural values of the school
- We adhere to the school values: Wellbeing · Trust · Respect · Fulfilment · Adventure · Choose your Attitude
- We fulfil our statutory responsibilities
- We support a broad curriculum with a love of learning at its heart
- We aim to achieve the highest standards in all areas
- We monitor school finances within a sustainable approach
- We monitor achievement and progress
- We support the SLT to foster good leadership and well-being for staff
- We support, challenge and hold to account SLT across all aspects of school life, consistent with our vision and values
Chair of Governors: Derrick Wright
Vice Chair of Governors: Samantha Hill
Our Clerk to Governors is: Natasha Wright
Flora Gardens Governing Body is made up of 3 committees:
- Safeguarding Committee – Chair – Jackie Hall
- Curriculum, Pupils and Parents Committee – Chair – Samantha Hill
- Finance, Premises and Personnel Committee – Chair – Helen Pickering
The minutes of Governor meetings (excluding confidential minutes) may be requested by emailing the school office.